Investment / Divestment Strategy
Whether it be a financial or a strategic investor: both pursue an individual investment strategy. Regardless of whether their portfolio of services and products should be complemented or new markets and regions should be developed – a well-prepared and focused investment strategy provides the basis for a successful transaction.
We support our clients in creating their investment strategy – may it be they lack the necessary transaction experience or personnel capacities, or they want to benefit from our industry and market know-how.
Typical contents of investment strategy services are:
- Screening of markets, industries, or segments
- Derivation of a target profile and evaluation of potential targets
- Consideration of individual corporate objectives and financial position
- Overview of opportunities and risks
Strategy determination is an integral part of the sales process as well. Whether our clients want to sell business divisions for strategic reasons, a consolidation of markets occurs, or there is no successor in a family-owned business – we help in a confidential manner to develop an individual divestment strategy and optimise the sales price.
Typical contents of divestment strategies are:
- Definition of the target and actual state analysis
- Preparation of a time and measurement schedule for the divestment process
- Identification of value drivers and potential deal issues
- Evaluation of potential buyers